Friday 14 October 2016

This Radisson Property is Your Perfect Weekend Getaway

pLiving in a busy city like Mumbai isnandrsquo;t always a privilege, especially if you crave greenery and a breath of unadulterated air every once in a while. One such craving over a weekend pulled me out of the city and its madness and compelled me to drive down to the Radisson Blue Resort and Spa in Karjatandmdash;about two hours away from Mumbaiandmdash;Carlson Rezidor Hotel Groupandrsquo;s 29th Radisson Blu property in India. andnbsp;/p pandnbsp;/p pThe drive is rather scenic, and serves as a great start to a well-deserved break. Mine was punctuated with pit stops to gorge on spicy local vada pav that I downed with piping hot, freshly brewed tea. A light drizzle played the perfect harmony./p pandnbsp;/p pA drive through the quaint settlements of Karjat and lush green mountains brought me to the tastefully designed Radisson property. Nestled in the foothills of the majestic Sahyadri range, Radisson Blue Resort and Spa exudes a vibe that can instantly put one at ease. I could feel a sense of calm prevail as I walked into the property, only the sound of the gushing Ulhas River broke the silence./p pandnbsp;/p p style="text-align: center;"/p pandnbsp;/p pA 102-room property designed by London-based architecture and interior design firm Chapman Taylor, its heavy Southeast Asian influence is evident in its design, especially in the pagoda-like roofs evident everywhere. The rooms and suites carry forward the overall oriental feel, thanks to the high, pointed ceilings; the generous wooden accents only add a dash of chic to the interiors. I was checked into the plush deluxe room that had an extended balcony overlooking the inviting pools on the property. While the rooms were rather elegant, and the bed too comfortable to slip out of, my experience of sitting out on the balcony, once the night settled in, and watching little lights flicker along the mountains was definitely something to write home about./p pandnbsp;/p p style="text-align: center;"/p pandnbsp;/p pFor me, the highlight of the resort was the Olympic-sized swimming pool and the outdoor, heated Jacuzzi. Phew! Once the sun goes down, all one needs to do is take a dip and soak in the beauty of the Sahyadris and the soothing sound of the Ulhas River running along. After a leisurely swim, I headed to the Escenza Spa for a rejuvenating message. From the spaandrsquo;s list of relaxing therapies, I opted for the 60-minute-long aroma candle massage. Now I do deserve a pat on my back for my choice of massage. As the masseuseandrsquo;s expert hands deftly massaged the warm wax onto my body, I couldnandrsquo;t help but be lulled into a state of calm. Surely, a massage as relaxing as this one, followed by a few minutes in the sauna, is all it takes to drain out any fatigue. I certainly did leave feeling renewed./p pandnbsp;/p p style="text-align: center;"/p pandnbsp;/p pVacations for most are as much about sampling great food as it is about unwinding and leaving oneandrsquo;s worries behind. And I was no different. Along with all the rejuvenation, Radisson had to offer, I was also particularly excited the about dining options. While it literally rained on my parade, and I, unfortunately, couldnandrsquo;t experience the Riverside Poolside Bar, where guests get to dine under the stars, I did enjoy a sumptuous spread of delicacies at The Palms, the resortandrsquo;s all-day dining restaurant. I strongly suggest opting for tables close to the restaurantandrsquo;s large floor-to-ceiling glass walls. After all, it isnandrsquo;t everyday that one gets to eat while looking out over mountains./p pandnbsp;/p pIn a nutshell, the Radisson Blue Resort andamp; Spa Karjat is just what the tired soul of a city dweller needs, especially over a weekend. All it would take is the will to drive down that scenic highway.andnbsp;/p pandnbsp;/p pstrongMore On andgt;andgt; a href="http://www.luxpresso.com/lifestyle/travel" target="_blank"Travel/a/strong/p

from Luxpresso http://www.luxpresso.com/news-lifestyle/review-of-the-radisson-blue-resort-and-spa-in-karjat/16101473
via Your #1 Source to Finding Luxury & Designer Goods, Handbags & Clothes at or Below Wholesale: Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment