Monday 9 May 2016

Interview: Jewellery Designer Payal Mehta Shares Her Design Story

p/p pPayal mehtaandrsquo;s collection of bespoke designs for everyday wear, has found favour among women across the world, making her the first independent female designer to design for Le Bal des Dandeacute;butantes in 2015. She shares her design journey, philosophy and aesthetics with us.br /br /strongJewellery Design, Above Everything Else/strong/p pstrong/strongbr /While studying interior design I learnt many skillsandmdash;all of which have helped me design and create my jewellery pieces. Apart from my passion for good, luxurious jewellery, I use the best resources to create something beautiful and special for women.br /br /strongDesigns for Us/strong/p pstrong/strongbr /Each piece is designed to tell a specific womanandrsquo;s jewellery story. For instance, pieces from my bird collection are for women with inner strength, who want to soar high and free just like a bird.br /br /strongA Jewel that Defines a Womanandrsquo;s Spirit/strong/p pstrong/strongbr /There is a piece from my Lotus collection that truly defines a womanandrsquo;s spirit. It symbolises the idea that no matter where you are in life, you are always able to grow and prosper into something great.br /I want to create jewellery that defines oneandrsquo;s individuality, while showcasing different design br /techniques, using a wide, dynamic selection of precious stones and, of course, the best diamonds.br /br /strongEasy-To-Wear Bijouterie/strong/p pstrong/strongbr /I constantly observe the lifestyles of women today. Women are constantly on the go, multitasking without even knowing it. So my idea is to create pieces that are wearable, something that reflects the individualandrsquo;s lifestyle and matches their personality, while keeping in mind the latest fashion trends. Each beautiful piece created by Payal New York should tell its own jewellery story.br /br /strongYour Spirit Jewel/strong/p pstrong/strongbr /My pendantandmdash;PM (Payal Mehta). I love gothic architecture and the design of the initials reflects this style. Also, this pendant has a dangling charm in the shape of a bird and I love the spirit of a birdandmdash;flying high, being free and at peace.br /br /strongLe Bal des Dandeacute;butantes/strong/p pstrong/strongbr /Of course, I was flattered and honored to be the first woman to create jewellery for Le Bal des Dandeacute;butantes last year. It was such an amazing experience to work with and create pieces for such enthusiastic and independent girls. I am always reminded by the wonderful Le Bal team just how I had heightened and highlighted each of the debutants experience at the ball last year. I am excited to go back again there later this year!br /br /strongDesigning for the World/strong/p pstrong/strongbr /I have loved every bit of my journey so far and I canandrsquo;t wait to see what the future has in store for me and for Payal New York. I have only been here, in the Middle East for 10 months and itandrsquo;s been very interesting getting to understand the different cultures and exploring the markets within the different regions. I am so happy to see that my Constellation collection has been widely loved here, across Qatar, Kuwait and in Dubai; and globally, including India, New York (US) and Europe. br /br /strongAt a Glance/strong/p pstrong/strongbr /strongJewellery for a holiday/strong: Of course! Jewellery is an essential part of fashion and definitely enhances the overall look.br /br /strongEssentials every woman should own/strong: It depends on the individual, what they are feeling and the time of day. Personally, I like to wear either a necklace or a chunky cuff.br /br /strongLuxury to me is/strong exclusivity and quality. The latter is very often mistaken for expensive, which is not always the case!br /br /strongGreatest extravagance/strong: Having my studio. As I am able to sketch, design and create at leisure, in my own space and simultaneously have my clients visit me to see my pieces and collections.br /br /strongIf I wasnandrsquo;t a designer/strong, Iandrsquo;d be a dancer.br /br /strongI admire/strong: JAR (Joel Arthur Rosenthal) and Wallace Chan.br /br /strongMost precious piece of jewellery/strong: I have a necklace from the 16th century (Mughal period), which I absolutely cherish./p pandnbsp;/p pstrongMore On andgt;andgt; a href="http://www.luxpresso.com/jewellery" target="_blank"Jewellery/a/strong/p

from Luxpresso http://www.luxpresso.com/news-jewellery/interview-luxury-jewellery-designer-payal-mehta-shares-her-design-journey/16042847
via Your #1 Source to Finding Luxury & Designer Goods, Handbags & Clothes at or Below Wholesale: Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment